The next iteration of scope

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 1 23:45:10 PDT 2015

On 2015-04-01 22:26, Walter Bright wrote:

> The problem with inferring attributes on non-template functions is the
> source must be available to the compiler. That's obviously true for
> templates, but not so true for non-templates, where only the signature
> is available.

In my experience with D, the source code for most the functions are
available. Everyone is doing open source and no one bother with
writing/generating .di files. Not implementing attribute inference for
non-template functions just because the source code of _some_ functions
might not be present is not a good reason. Why should the non-template
functions that _have_ the source code available suffer?

--
/Jacob Carlborg