Trouble with Cortex-M "Hello World"

Jens Bauer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 2 03:35:26 PDT 2015

>> So are there any suggestions on enabling debug-code, which
>> might give hints on what is going wrong ?
>
> I'm not sure if there's any debug code, but here's what I would
> do [snip]

Mike and Johannes - Thank you both for the suggestions.
I will follow the debug path you've given me when I've finished
the current build.
(I'm still attempting to find a way to have both coffee and cake;
eg. multilib support in GCC /and/ GDC).

I expect to get more information about this, and of course, I
hope to find what causes the bug.
When my next build is finished, I plan to add a zero in front of
the number 3:
uint[03] message =
... just in case it's a read-pointer "alignment-style" problem.

If the bug is related to Big Endian architectures, then it's a
bit more important than if it's only related to PowerMacs;
because there are other Big Endian hosts ...
PowerPC based Amiga, MIPS based hosts, Cortex-A based hosts,
68xxx based hosts, other PowerPC based systems (IBM, YellowDog,
etc) - and all those I forgot, plus future architectures.

If you are working with a BE host and come across this post,
please post a comment, whether or not it works for you.