I submitted my container library to code.dlang.org

Kagamin via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 2 05:10:18 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 1 April 2015 at 12:05:37 UTC, Johannes Pfau wrote:
> It's probably more a problem for vibe-d or other
> server-like applications. Those should make sure to use
> DOS-safe hash
> tables. For most applications there's no possibility for DOS
> attacks
> using hash tables and we indeed shouldn't make these
> applications
> slower.

The vulnerability presentation suggests perl solution (random
hash seed) is good enough, it doesn't slow down anything. The
seed can be left zero and initialized by an application as
needed. One can also use a longer key and add more its bits
every, say, 10 bytes of hashed data, not sure if it will make any
difference.