Escape codes are not 100% portable

Jens Bauer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 2 06:34:18 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 2 April 2015 at 13:16:20 UTC, Daniel Murphy wrote:
> "Jens Bauer"  wrote in message
> news:otojrdbbmfcfkuyolyse at forum.dlang.org...
>
>> MrCpp, MrC, MPWC, MPWCpp and CodeWarrior.
>
> That's horrible.

I completely agree. But it's not the only thing that's wrong on
the particular platform (I don't have to mention any names, do I
?)
Backspace and Delete is *also* exchanged. Oh well, I better stay
on topic.

> Are you completely sure this is what's happening?  Is this
> documented?
I believe it's the officially expected behaviour of those
compilers.
However, it might not be an important issue, because the D parser
is only using it for line counting.

> This sort of conversion is to be expected during cruntime io,
> but changing the values is nasty.

There are two more compilers, which I have not mentioned; one is
called Macintosh C (quite old though), the other is from Motorola.

> There is very little reason to change the compiler at this
> point.  Those compilers are not officially supported as host
> compilers for building dmd.

I think it's OK to keep the code as it is, as long as the
developers are aware of the problem that can possibly arise.