unittests are really part of the build, not a special run

Wyatt via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 2 14:46:35 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 2 April 2015 at 20:55:04 UTC, David Gileadi wrote:

> Having never used Cucumber but having been interested in it,
> what was the unpleasantness?

Dealing with it at work, I find it puts us scarily at the mercy
of regexen in Ruby, which is unsettling to say the least.  More
pressingly, the "plain English" method of writing tests hinders
my ability to figure out what the test is actually trying to do.
There's not enough structure to give you good visual anchors that
are easy to follow, so I end up having to build a mental model of
an entire feature file every time I look at it.  It's hugely
inconvenient.  And if I can't remember what a phrase corresponds
to, I have to hunt down the implementation and read that anyway,
so it's not saving any time or making life any easier.

-Wyatt