semi OT: Android -> chrome native client in the browser

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 3 06:35:09 PDT 2015

On Friday, 3 April 2015 at 02:09:04 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
>> But I'm skeptical that all these native workarounds in the
>> browser will ever really amount to anything- they haven't so
>> far- not because I don't believe in native, but because you're
>> often still stuck in the browser, ie the horrible HTML/DOM/js
>> stack.
>
> But you are stuck because people use IE, Firefox, Safari etc?
> Or something else?

With native approaches like asm.js or Native Client, you're still
stuck with many web APIs.  Not the case with ARC maybe, but it's
brand new.  As for other browsers, that has hurt NaCl and other
native fallbacks, as each browser has their own preferred native
route and none want to support the others.