Mid-term vision review

David Nadlinger via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 3 09:41:12 PDT 2015

On Friday, 3 April 2015 at 15:07:57 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 4/3/15 3:10 AM, Andrea Fontana wrote:
>> It would be great to have dmd on embedded platforms.
>
> I agree. We just don't have the champion for that yet. -- Andrei

I might obviously be biased, but to be honest I don't see much
value in starting to port a largely obsolete backend to a whole
new processor architecture.

Sure, it might be a fun exercise for somebody interested in
learning about code generation. But in terms of pushing D
forward, I think the much better option is to encourage people to
contribute to GDC or LDC instead, where backends for virtually
all important embedded platforms already exist.

  — David