Trouble with Cortex-M "Hello World"

Jens Bauer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 3 09:42:58 PDT 2015

On Friday, 3 April 2015 at 16:11:59 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> On 3 April 2015 at 17:58, Jens Bauer via Digitalmars-d
>> Basically because it requires GCC > 4.2 - but unfortunately
>> there's more.
>> Once upon a time, LLVM did support being built with GCC 4.2,
>> but I can't get
>> those sources anymore, so I can't get a 'bootstrap LLVM' that
>> way.
>
> I guess if you're happy to work with D1... (which is far more
> easier
> to port than D2 will ever be).

It's actually only clang I have problems with, not LDC.
D2 probably doesn't have any serious errors on my platform.
-The only part that was a bit challenging was the BE issue, but
I'm confident that it will be solved the right way. ;)

At some point, I might want to try building dmd as well;
currently it does not seem to support Mac/PPC (I had a short look
at it, but it seems I need to write some header files in order to
get it working).