Mid-term vision review

deadalnix via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 3 11:04:12 PDT 2015

On Friday, 3 April 2015 at 17:51:00 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 4/3/15 4:04 AM, Dennis Ritchie wrote:
>> On Thursday, 2 April 2015 at 22:44:56 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
>> wrote:
>>> It's the end of Q1. Walter and I reviewed our vision
>>> document. We're
>>> staying the course with one important addition: switching to
>>> ddmd,
>>> hopefully with 2.068.
>>>
>>> http://wiki.dlang.org/Vision/2015H1
>>>

>>> Andrei
>>
>> Are there any plans for the creation of a powerful AST-macro
>> system in D?
>> http://wiki.dlang.org/DIP50
>
> Not for the time being. -- Andrei

Conclusion with wish I agree.

However, I'd like us to keep in mind that the proposal is around,
as I think it is highly relevant for discussion like the ones
related to unittests - behavior could be easily customized if the
damn thing was a macro.

Also, what are the plan for GDC and LDC if we move toward DDMD ?