Has anyone used D with Nvidia's Cuda?

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Apr 4 02:50:07 PDT 2015

On 4/4/2015 2:34 AM, weaselcat wrote:
> On Saturday, 4 April 2015 at 09:24:07 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> If the latter is obsolete, it should perhaps be updated to point to the newer
>> one. The svn one is the first google hit for Derelict.
>
> Top 3 results for me for `dlang derelict` are all his github page/projects, did
> you just google `derelict` or?

`D programming language derelict`

In any case, the dsource.org page should be fixed or removed.

The github page also has problems,

* the "Using Derelict" link is dead

* "DerelictUtil for Users" has zero information about using D with CUDA, and
seems completely irrelevant

* no link for "DerelictUtil Wiki"

* the example shown is useless

* there are no examples of actually running code on a GPU

It looks like nothing more than a couple header files (which is a great start,
but that's all).

In contrast, there's a package to use CUDA with Go:

   https://archive.fosdem.org/2014/schedule/event/hpc_devroom_go/

which is still pretty thin, but much further along.