Has anyone used D with Nvidia's Cuda?

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Apr 4 10:21:43 PDT 2015

On 4/4/2015 3:45 AM, weaselcat wrote:
> I really think you're barking up the wrong tree here - cuda is a closed
> proprietary solution only implemented by one vendor effectively cutting off
> anyone that doesn't work with nvidia hardware.

That's right. On the other hand,

1. Nvidia hardware is pervasive, and CUDA has been around for many years. I
doubt it is going away anytime soon.

2. It is little effort on our part to support it.

3. We'd have some co-marketing opportunities with Nvidia if we support it.

4. Supporting CUDA doesn't impede supporting OpenCL.

> also, the std.algorithm thing sounds a lot like the C++ library Bolt/Thrust
> https://github.com/HSA-Libraries/Bolt

Yup.