"More Libraries" - sub-forum request

ParticlePeter via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Apr 4 10:51:28 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 4 April 2015 at 16:50:57 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
> On Saturday, 4 April 2015 at 16:43:45 UTC, ParticlePeter wrote:
>> Hi,
>> there is this nice new link to "More libraries" link, but
>> there is no place to discuss usage, exchange experiences or
>> ask questions regarding these libraries ( unless I am missing
>> something ). A sub-forum here would be very nice.
>>
>> Or would this here be the right place ?
>
> digitalmars.D.learn would be more appropriate. A certain amount
> of discussion inevitably happens in response to release
> announcements in digitalmars.D.announce.

I will post my "how to debug" question there, but I think that
the lib is kind of broken and it does not make sense to point
this out in d.learn.
Moreover, last work was don 7 month ago, and I even don't know if
it was announced at all.

> Some things would be appropriate as github (or bitbucket, or
> wherever) issues in the relevant project.

Not thought of that, as I might be missing something and wanted
to ask before filing a bug.

> Discussions here (digitalmars.D) should - in theory - be
> relevant to core language/libraries development.

I agree, questions regarding libraries do not belong here. But
there is lot of talk going on lately about d ecosystem, shouldn't
be there a place to discuss parts of such ecosystem in the d
forum ?
Having "digitalmars.D.dwt" and "digitalmars.D.dtl" sub-forum (
have you tried googling or search the d wiki for "dtl" ? ;-) ),
but no d libraries, feels kind of wired.