Allegro 5.1 + LDC + iOS Breath Of Life

Dan Olson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Apr 4 12:07:01 PDT 2015

"Szymon Gatner" <noemail at gmail.com> writes:

> On Saturday, 4 April 2015 at 08:14:13 UTC, Dan Olson wrote:
>> Seemed worth mentioning before I snooze.  My daughter and I just got
>> little touch app running on an iPad using D and Allegro 5.1.  Really
>> nothing major, but it does work.  Just dragging some text around the
>> screen with my finger and displaying time via std.datetime.
>>
>> Using latest allegro5 at sourceforge and these:
>>
>> https://github.com/SiegeLord/DAllegro5 5.1 branch
>> https://github.com/smolt/ldc-iphone-dev
>>
>> I'll put something up on github in a week or so when the recipe is
>> cleaned up.  My daughter heads off to college this fall to work
>> towards
>> a video game design degree, so I've enlisted her to build an
>> interesting
>> demo as a summer project (my own summer of code).
>> --
>> Dan
>
> Fantastic news! Will try it this weekend.

Szymon, you will have to tinker some because the allegro iphone xcode
project to build the static lib does not work as is (some relative paths
are wrong), and DAllegro has ALLEGRO_WIP_VERSION = 8, but latest allegro
source on 5.1 branch is WIP 10.  This makes al_init() fail (actually
al_install_system()), because the versions don't match.  I just modifed
DAlllegro ALLEGRO_WIP_VERSION = 10 to see what would happen, and ok so
far.  Might be fine to back off to allegro source with 5.1.8 tag, but I
did not do that.

The other thing is that main entry is different for iOS.  You need to
define a _al_mangled_main() that initializes the D runtime.  I'll put up
some hints on gist until I can make a proper repo:

https://gist.github.com/smolt/7fa1ecfd295a6baaa8b3