Mid-term vision review

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Apr 4 16:31:06 PDT 2015

On 4/4/2015 1:48 PM, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>Besides, even if you could, you're just one person, whereas gdc/ldc have
> a much larger number of contributors, some of whose specialty is
> optimization.  Do you realistically think you can singlehandedly outdo
> all of them?

I did for decades, until the early 2000's or so when I began spending all my
time on the front end.

There's no great mystery how to do it. I know how to improve all the issues
you've mentioned, and then some. It's just a matter of being able to spend the
time on it - it is not a matter of the design being obsolete and it must be
tossed, which was what I was responding to.