unittests are really part of the build, not a special run

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Apr 5 11:28:58 PDT 2015

On 4/5/15 4:04 AM, "Nordlöw" wrote:
> On Saturday, 4 April 2015 at 19:00:01 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> On 4/4/15 10:38 AM, "Nordlöw" wrote:
>>> Please also think about how such a builtin feature would promote
>>> establishment and usage of D from a robustness and productivity point of
>>> view.
>>
>> I do think it's a great idea. Sadly I also think how I have negative
>> staff to put to work on it. -- Andrei
>
> What's the reason for that?
>
> - Lack of time?
> - Fear of increased complexity that becomes difficult to maintain?
> - Difficult to get it exactly right?
> - Or is there something fundamentally wrong with the idea itself?

Lack of staff, i.e. people willing and able to put boots on the ground.
People following the competent and enthusiastic exchanges in the forums
would be shocked to know just how few of those would be willing to
actually _do_ anything for D, even the littlest thing. Nicely that
doesn't include you - thanks for contributing. -- Andrei