Why I'm Excited about D

Jens Bauer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Apr 6 18:02:34 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 7 April 2015 at 00:57:09 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
> CTFE could have some pretty awesome applications for embedded I
> suspect. After all, you can pregenerate data structures ext.
> For faster execution.

Yes, they're particularly useful for embedded devices.
I've often used tables in assembly language in this regard.
-Things that seem to be impossible, because the normal approach
is to "write optimized code" suddenly becomes possible, when
optimizing (rearranging) the data to fit the hardware.

> I don't think anybody has toyed with this yet.

With D, advanced table-generation will become much easier.
I bet I'm one of those people, who will have a lot of fun using
this feature. ;)