Why I'm Excited about D

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 7 01:33:51 PDT 2015

On Mon, 06 Apr 2015 23:51:16 +0000, Adam Hawkins wrote:

> I've been reading the forums here so I can see that there is a focus on
> improving the marketing for the language and growing the community. I
> see most of the effort is geared towards C++ programmers, but have you
> considered looking at us dynamic languages folk?

it seems that there are not so many people that comes from some dynamic
language. i believe that most of us using c/c++ (c#/java/etc.), so while
we know bits and pieces about dynamic land, we generally not using it for
something "serious" (unless we are forced to do so ;-).

> Regardless, I figured it might be interesting to hear about some
> experience coming to the language from a different perspective.

sure. you're welcome, it's always good to have more opinions, both
positive (yay!) and negative (heh... so what we can do with that?).