Why I'm Excited about D

Jens Bauer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 7 07:41:21 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 7 April 2015 at 01:28:03 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
> I'm watching your progress closely. I think we are ready to get
> D properly on micro controllers and you are really testing,
> exploring it even.

Johannes made some very important additions for regarding this.
It might already be possible for me to write a complete startup
file entirely in D, because of these additions.

> I would be very surprised in the next year or so, if you don't
> make atleast one breakthrough!

I'm looking forward to the first one; it's just around the
corner: The file "startup.d". :)
-I'll be sure to create a thread about it, when it's complete
(it's at something like 98% already).

One thing I'd like to add to why I like D, is that it feels
"limitless". I don't feel like I'm restricted by the language or
the compiler; in other words, I feel a lot of 'freedom'.