Why I'm Excited about D

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 7 09:06:21 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 7 April 2015 at 06:28:49 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> vibe.d has a template system. It's based on Jade, which seems
> to be based on Haml.

Aye, though it is compile time rather than runtime which hurts
the edit/run cycle - you have to recompile, redeploy (maybe), and
restart just to see a quick text change.

In my web projects. I used compile time stuff sometimes too, but
the runtime loading ultimately won out for the ease of editing by
me and by the frontend team - they can edit html too without
needing to worry about rerunning a compiler.