Future of contract-based programming in D

w0rp via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 7 11:20:06 PDT 2015

I'm a big fan of contracts, and for me it's one of the D features
I love. The syntax really doesn't bother me. Given the rest of
the syntax in the language, it's not possible to reduce it much
further. Then again, I'm not one to care about syntax too much
anyway. I tend to care more about semantics.

I think if you don't like contracts, they just take some getting
used to. After you use them enough, you might find yourself
writing contracts quite a lot. As far as bugs with contracts and
classes go, I don't know. I don't write many classes or
interfaces in D myself.