Fun project - faster associative array algorithm

Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 7 16:47:37 PDT 2015

On 4/7/15 7:01 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
>> Until that point, all these discussions on AA updates are useless.
>
> The data structure has changed before (used to be a binary tree) without
> disruption and can change again.

Sure but there are so many gotchas to this thing. Multiple very smart,
very competent developers set out to change the AA and failed. I would
rather effort be spent focusing on getting it into a full-fledged
library type with simple lowering for syntax, and then we can play with
everything we want to do. At least at that point, there aren't special
considerations to worry about.

-Steve