[OT] Regarding most used operating system among devs

Szymon Gatner via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 8 01:59:03 PDT 2015

 From StackOverflow's 2015 Developer Survey [1]:

"For the third year in a row, we asked respondents which
operating system they use the most. Windows maintains the lion's
share of the developer operating system market, while Mac appears
to have overtaken the Linuxes among active Stack Overflow devs.

Linux may be a small player on the consumer market, with just
1.5% of global desktop operating system share, but it's a go-to
OS for developers."

Interestingly, from the "Text editor" question we learn that most
used ones are "NotePad++" and "Sublime Text" (and not Visual
Studio) which I know are favs among webdevelopers that are not
used to IDEs (as debugging happens in web browsers).

This correlates with with "Most popular technologies" results too.

To sum up:

Please give more attention to Windows developers like myself ;)

[1]http://stackoverflow.com/research/developer-survey-2015