Wanted: Review manager for std.data.json

Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 8 03:05:16 PDT 2015

Am 08.04.2015 um 09:14 schrieb Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d:

> On 8 Apr 2015 00:05, "tcha via Digitalmars-d"
> <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com <mailto:digitalmars-d at puremagic.com>> wrote:
>  >
>  > Out of curiosity I tried to use this lib in lately discussed
> benchmark [1]
>  >
>  > Original values on my machine (dmd 2.067, gdc 4.8.4, ldc2 0.15.1 llvm
> 3.5.1):
>  > D - 10.22s, 1322.7Mb
>  > D Gdc - 24.30s, 926.8Mb
>  > D Ldc - 25.93s, 925.8Mb
>  >
>  > With this lib it gets to [2]:
>  > D - 7.48s, 1794.0Mb
>  > Gdc and Ldc cannot build it with release (debug works) [3] and [4]
>  >

> I assume you cleared your dub cache and didn't try linking a dmd built
> library to a gdc/ldc application.  :)
>
> Iain.

DUB uses the path of the compiler binary, as well as the reported
frontend version to distinguish builds of different compilers, so that
clearing the cache shouldn't be necessary.

But there are definitely performance issues. My own tests are far from
what I would have expected, including for the pull parser...