Which D IDE do you use?(survey)

"André" via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 8 10:56:18 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 8 April 2015 at 16:56:28 UTC, Daniel Kozak wrote:

>> As I already use Qt Creator for C++ development I also use it
>> with the great qtcreator-dlangeditor and qtcreator-dubmanager
>> plugins, giving me DCD and DUB integration [1], [2]. VIM mode
>> is enabled of course :-)
>>
>> André
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/Groterik/qtcreator-dlangeditor
>> [2] https://github.com/Groterik/qtcreator-dubmanager
>
> I am trying to use it, but I am unable to find out how.
> I can compile it, and enable both plugins in my qtcreator. But
> there is now D
> project or anythink like this when I try to create new project.
> If i try open
> some d file autocompletion seems to work, but no syntax
> highlighting

That's right. The plugin doesn't support creating new D projects
but just allows opening existing dub projects (just navigate to
the DUB .json file and open it - the project tree should show all
D files). If I don't forget it I'll add an issue to the project
because that would be a great addition to create new projects
from the IDE. Syntax highlighting worked out of the box for me..
Did you try to download additional D syntax hightlighting files
from the standard Qt Creator editor settings? Syntax
hightlighting is handled by Qt Creator already but not the plugin.

Cheers,
André