Wanted: Review manager for std.data.json

tcha via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 8 11:32:07 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 8 April 2015 at 13:56:55 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
> The problem is that even the pull parser alone is relatively
> slow. Also, for some reason the linker reports unresolved
> symbols as soon as I build without the -debug flag...

Unfortunatelly I overlooked that I tested it with std_data_json v
0.12.0 yesterday.
So tested it again today on master:
dmd and gdc failed to build in release
ldc2 works

I tried it also with ParseJSONStream and made fork from original
benchmark with added tests
(https://github.com/chalucha/benchmarks) so anyone can look (and
PR)

Some results:
Ruby - 6.74s, 2106.2Mb
Go - 5.92s, 420.9Mb
D - 10.26s, 1322.5Mb
D Gdc - 24.76s, 926.1Mb
D Ldc - 26.31s, 925.0Mb
D new - debug - 14.98s, 1782.0Mb
D new Gdc - debug - 29.08s, 1663.9Mb
D new Ldc - 16.99s, 1663.0Mb
D new lazy - debug - 11.50s, 213.2Mb
D new lazy Gdc - debug - 13.66s, 206.1Mb
D new lazy Ldc - 3.59s, 205.4Mb
Python - 5.89s, 1063.4Mb
C++ Boost - 14.60s, 2884.8Mb
C++ Rapid - 0.80s, 678.9Mb

Also tried to dustmite the minimal failing version and here is a
result: http://pastebin.com/YjdvT3G4

It's my first use of it so I hope it can help to solve this
problem. It outputs less errors, but also compiles fine in debug
and fails to link in release.