Fun project - faster associative array algorithm

Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 9 08:49:23 PDT 2015

On 4/9/15 11:25 AM, Daniel Murphy wrote:
> "Steven Schveighoffer"  wrote in message
> news:mg61gn$1o09$1 at digitalmars.com...
>
>> Wouldn't it be whenever AA was previously invoked? I'm surprised there
>> are any unknowns here.
>
> It has to be done before some parts of semantic, but after others.  Eg
> error messages and template matching still needs to be done on the AA
> type, but other parts need the actual template type.

I think a reasonable path is to lower as early as possible, have
everything show up as the template type in error messages, and then work
on updating the messages over time to reflect the builtin syntax.

In any case, I didn't think about template matching, those are handled
specially for AA. Perhaps we can make that more generic.

-Steve