if(arr) now a warning

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 10 04:39:58 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 9 April 2015 at 20:59:00 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> What do you think?

Well, that's a pretty one-sided description of the argument!

I would like to invite anyone interested in this proposal to try
compiling their own code with the latest compiler, and see how
much busywork this creates vs. how much real bugs this identifies.

The tools repository is occasionally used as a guinea pig for
breaking changes. Consider the amount of changes needed here, as
an example:

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/tools/pull/166/files

(Disclaimer: part of this is my own code, and I consider the
distinction between null and empty arrays an obvious and useful
principle.)

IMHO, this is not something worth breaking the language over.