Which D IDE do you use?(survey)

Ali Çehreli via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 10 10:59:45 PDT 2015

On 04/10/2015 01:28 AM, Szymon Gatner wrote:

 > A lot must have changed since I  used Vim few years ago then.

I hope this is not taken as an attack on Vim users but from my limited
observations at work, users of Emacs use it powerfully and users of Vim
use it as a simple editor.

One example is dealing with multiple files (buffers): I and all the
other Emacs users have dozens of files open at a time, switching between
them seemlessly. I don't even close my Emacs sessions for months.

On the other hand, most of the Vim users keep a single file open at a
time. It is painful for me to watch how a Vim user goes to the
definition of 'struct' that is already open in a .c file: exit Vim,
change directory to 'include', start Vim again with the .h file. Argh! :)

Ali