Associative Arrays in the data segment

Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 10 12:42:55 PDT 2015

On Friday, 10 April 2015 at 07:54:44 UTC, Daniel Murphy wrote:
> It only works with integral types of at most 32-bits at the
> moment, but most built-in types are fairly easy to support.
> The downside is requires re-implementing druntime's AA and
> hashing algorithms in the compiler, and keeping them in sync
> when either changes.

It might make sense as an intermediate step. After all it's
fairly simple and who knows how long we'll take to change the AA
implementation.
But what I find unacceptable is a lousy intermediate solution
that supports int, but not short and only if the value isn't a
const string or a class starting with the letter K.
I don't want to add another facet to the already long AA story.
So if you can fix the problem and are willing to do the work, go
on. Just adding a tiny hack makes the situation worse IMO.