Wanted: Review manager for std.data.json

David Nadlinger via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 10 13:11:46 PDT 2015

On Friday, 10 April 2015 at 07:35:13 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
> On Thursday, 9 April 2015 at 20:01:10 UTC, weaselcat wrote:
>> Also, since an LDC dev might read this - is there a reason
>> -singleobj isn't on by default when creating an executable?
>
> I argued it should be the default a while ago and I vaguely
> remember agreement from at least one LDC dev. but I can't find
> the post now :/

I still agree with you. ;)

The only reason why I didn't just commit the change so far is
backwards compatibility, but as we might overhaul some of the
command line options soon anyway, I think we should just go ahead
with that change. As noted previously, mixing one-object-per-file
and all-at-once compilation (e.g. in incremental builds) does not
work correctly in all cases due to frontend restrictions anyway.

  — David