Context Sensitive Gui Library

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Apr 11 05:41:53 PDT 2015

On 12/04/2015 12:32 a.m., jkpl wrote:
> On Saturday, 11 April 2015 at 09:11:35 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:

>>> it's based on this french idiom:
>>> (vendre la peau de l'ours avant de l'avoir tué)
>>>
>>> in a nutshell: I suspect this announce to be spam because:
>>> 1/ googlelize the OP name: nothing, except this post. For such a
>>> framework, the guy cannot land from nowhere.
>>> 2/ he has posted in te wrong fourm section.
>>> 3/ no screenshot, no links.
>>> 4/ the concept is quite abstruse, not self-explanatory, no tech details
>>> (e.g open-gl for this, xml for that...
>>> 5/ it's too providential.
>>>
>>> Though i might be wrong.
>>
>> Ohhh that.
>>
>> Yeah I understand your pov on this.
>> I just don't like risking alienating somebody who could become part of
>> the D community.
>
> I think that if the guy is serious he won't give up because his product
> is about to be released and he would probably be clever enough to get
> that my suspicion doesn't matter since i'm just a casual user (casual
> poster here as well).
>
> By the way, after a few investigations and thanks to my hypermnesia, i
> think that i've spotted him, and if it's the case, the pre-announce is
> honnest. He might be the author of this other topic:
>
> http://forum.dlang.org/thread/yfdaeaduvbqyrjqsqwyb@forum.dlang.org#post-mailman.3008.1418200191.9932.digitalmars-d:40puremagic.com
>

> it was a survey to estimate if it's worth to release a commercial D
> library.

As far as we know, this could be related to Andrei saying that he is
expecting a large backer soon. And the fact that we don't know who he
is, means that they are not ready to fully announce who they are.
Assuming it is valid.

Well, will be interesting to see if I'm right in thinking its valid.
Would be pretty awesome!