STL and Phobos

w0rp via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Apr 11 10:14:49 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 11 April 2015 at 17:01:42 UTC, Dennis Ritchie wrote:
> Will the STL included in Phobos or is it impossible?

STL won't be included in Phobos, at least as far as I know, but I
believe it should be possible to interface to parts of it with
extern(C++). To do it, you need to create names for every part of
an STL type, including the allocator. Walter discussed all of
this in a recent talk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkwaV6k6BmM

It's really more for using existing C++ code which already uses
the STL. In terms of algorithms, D is already in a better shape
with std.algorithm. In terms of containers, you might find Phobos
lacking for the moment, but progress will accelerate when
Andrei's allocators are finally included in Phobos.