Mitigating the attribute proliferation - attribute inference for functions

Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Apr 12 03:12:39 PDT 2015

On Sunday, 12 April 2015 at 07:12:47 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> At one point, I had implemented it for auto return functions,
> because the source must exist for them, too, but it got a lot
> of resistance and was dropped.

I thought that was already in, but it isn't.
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/1877#issuecomment-16353774

The resistance to the pull this isn't directed against attribute
inference but against the problems that may arise. Looks like we
need to come up with a comprehensive proposal, that addresses
those problems. Anyone wants to help with a DIP?