Which D IDE do you use?(survey)

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Apr 12 10:49:12 PDT 2015

On Friday, 10 April 2015 at 19:02:05 UTC, Idan Arye wrote:
> Many of these Vim users are not really Vim users - not in the
> sense that Emacs users are Emacs users anyways. Sure, they use
> Vim - but only because it's a default editor in Unix-like
> systems. If Windows Notepad was the default text they wouldn't
> have installed Vim so they could use it - they simply would
> have used Notepad. They just want something that'll allow them
> to edit text files, and they don't care to learn anything more
> advanced than the most basic stuff they need - opening it from
> the shell to edit a file, typing text, saving, closing. Other
> simple commands - like opening another file in the same session
> - might also be basic and simple, but because they are not part
> of that workflow these users won't bother to learn them.

I am actually one of those users. Set of vim features I really
rely on is limited to tab buffers, regex search, built-in
autocompletion and "jump to matching bracket" hotkey. Reason is
simple - working with text is never a bottleneck in my work, I
simply don't care how effective it is. Main benefit of vim to me
is uniformity - it is exactly the same experience on my dev
machine and via remote shell. Rest is just collection of optional
yummies that can be used on per need basis.