Which D IDE do you use?(survey)

Atila Neves via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Apr 12 12:49:32 PDT 2015

You've gotten other answers already, so I won't repeat them here.
Refactoring wasn't really handled though, and that part depends
on the language you're editing in Emacs. Basically, if someone
has already written a package for that, good. If not, not so
good. AFAIK there isn't a D one yet (I've thought of writing one
based on DScanner/ DCD), but I get by fine in Python and C/C++
with rope for the former and rtags for the latter.

Emacs is a programmable environment. The answer to "can I do ____
in Emacs?" is invariably "yes". Sometimes that "yes" might mean
writing elisp though. For most tasks, someone else has done it
already.

With emacs, the problem is seldom one of possibility, but one of
choice. First of all the default installation is horrible,
meaning you need to customize it for it to be useful, and when
you get to that point you need to choose which packages to
install for all you endeavours.

As for the original point of this forum post, I use Emacs and DCD
(with a package I maintain, ac-dcd). Autocomplete and
jump-to-definition in a easy-to-use way, and that takes dub
dependencies into account to boot.