I came up with a new logo for the D language

tcak via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Apr 12 20:40:47 PDT 2015

On Monday, 13 April 2015 at 02:56:04 UTC, Kapps wrote:
> On Sunday, 12 April 2015 at 22:02:01 UTC, Barry Smith wrote:
>> It's simple, but clean. Somewhat similar to the old one. Hope
>> you like it.
>>
>> http://s2.postimg.org/m6qcfemhl/dlang.png
>>
>> Email me at barry.of.smith at gmail.com if you want the SVG
>> version.
>
> IIRC Andrei and/or Walter were quite opposed to a logo change.

Problems about logo are 3 things:

1. The background (that glass effect) shouldn't be considered a
part of logo. It should be changed whenever necessary.

2. The logo itself (without background) is a little wide.

3. Until you guys said, I didn't know that those are planets.
They should be an original colourful logo maybe that makes this
clear.

But, since no changes even considered at all, there is no need it
give any effort I think.