<rant> D's makefiles... </rant>

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Apr 13 07:34:02 PDT 2015

On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 02:24:57PM +0000, Dicebot via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> I want to replace those with D scripts for a reason.

Now that dmd is dependent on an existing version of dmd to build, it
should be no problem to replace the makefiles with D code. Everytime
something like this happens I just see all the flaws of makefiles all
over again, but unfortunately some people just refuse the acknowledge
that makefiles are going the way of the dinosaur and it's time to move
on.

Why ask rhetorical questions? -- JC