I came up with a new logo for the D language

Gary Willoughby via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Apr 13 08:12:17 PDT 2015

On Monday, 13 April 2015 at 12:49:19 UTC, Abdulhaq wrote:
> I'd suggest a fresh look be introduced when the ref counting
> and GC work has been done,

Believe it or not i'm not opposed to this.

> and personally I'd suggest just a simple clean 2D metro-ish "D"
> as the "logo",

No. This is fashion. Hire a professional to do it and make long
term usability a requirement. The 2d flat look will feel very old
when the big boys (Microsoft, Apple) move on.

At the end of the day it's Walter's and Andrei's decision and
it's not a decision to take lightly. Sometimes a new logo (and
associated re-brand) can give you an energetic new direction on
the other hand it can cause more issues with recognisability and
market confusion.