I came up with a new logo for the D language

bitwise via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Apr 13 09:42:01 PDT 2015

On Sun, 12 Apr 2015 18:01:59 -0400, Barry Smith <barry.of.smith at gmail.com>
wrote:

> It's simple, but clean. Somewhat similar to the old one. Hope you like
> it.
>
> http://s2.postimg.org/m6qcfemhl/dlang.png
>
> Email me at barry.of.smith at gmail.com if you want the SVG version.

D needs merit, not marketing.

Before 2.067, my biggest problem with D were the crappy error messages and
compiler bugs. The latest release seems to have improved the situation
immensely.

The next biggest things on my wish list are actually delivering on the
"optional GC" promise, and support for mobile platforms. AFAIK, the former
is possible as long as you're willing to tip-toe through a minefield, but
not in any practical sense. And although the latter is already well
underway, it is not officially supported.