I came up with a new logo for the D language

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Apr 13 10:26:15 PDT 2015

On Monday, 13 April 2015 at 15:12:18 UTC, Gary Willoughby wrote:
> On Monday, 13 April 2015 at 12:49:19 UTC, Abdulhaq wrote:
>> I'd suggest a fresh look be introduced when the ref counting
>> and GC work has been done,
>
> Believe it or not i'm not opposed to this.
>
>> and personally I'd suggest just a simple clean 2D metro-ish
>> "D" as the "logo",
>
> No. This is fashion. Hire a professional to do it and make long
> term usability a requirement. The 2d flat look will feel very
> old when the big boys (Microsoft, Apple) move on.

I don't think any of the proposed logos have been better than the
current one (which also works well as a tiny icon), but you could
easily flatten the logo by just keeping the white symbol and put
it on a black bar with the menu beneath as part of the current
webpage upgrade. You could keep the red by making the tiny circle
red.

The current image is a little bit "overdone" and so much red is
"screaming".

Changing the outline of the logo without backing it up with a
major language version announcement is rather pointless IMO.