D vs nim

Jadbox via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Apr 13 23:31:06 PDT 2015

> btw : I think D should get rid off un-bracketed if statement,
> program king is not about sparing the number of lines...but
> that’s again a matter of taste.

I'm that guy on the other side of the fence. I view unbracked IFs
as an essential part of concise code readability. Brackets are
the symbolization of a block of logic, meaning multiple steps of
logic. Being forced to express "this is a block of code" for just
a single statement after an IF seems bloaty and hurts scanning
through code. I also feel reducing line numbers is something to
strive for as long as no readability is sacrifices.