djinni and D

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 14 00:22:39 PDT 2015

On Monday, 13 April 2015 at 16:45:53 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
> In any case I doubt the Android team will do anything about it,
> looking forward to Google IO 2015, to see if there will be any
> announcement regarding either the dropped NDK support (not
> available in AS) or if Java 8 will ever be supported.

It's a pity Google only need to make Android "barely
competitive". Android has always looked very unattractive to me,
not that I find the iOS developer experience great either. Both
ecosystems are built on "let's recycle desktop tech and build
something on top of it and fudge it together, then evolve it".