Pitching an investment bank on using D for their bond analytics

D Denizen since a year via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 14 07:19:36 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 14 April 2015 at 13:17:09 UTC, Daniel Murphy wrote:
> "D Denizen since a year"  wrote in message
> news:qpharcskwrbfgkuubfrw at forum.dlang.org...
>
>> - am I right in thinking C++ integration more or less works,
>> except instantiating C++ templates from D?  what are the
>> gotchas?
>
> C++ integration can be made to work, as in data can be passed
> back and forth and most function calls will work.  The gotchas
> are everywhere, and getting non-trivial C++ interop working is
> a fairly advanced task that will require changes on both the
> C++ and D side.  Heavily templated code is especially difficult.

Is there anything anyone has on the gotchas for non-templated
stuff?  I am sure this would be of more general interest, since
everybody likely has some legacy code they want to connect with.

I get the impression the subset of C++ people often restrict
themselves to tends not to favour heavy metaprogramming, but I
don't know how much template stuff they actually tend to do at
this place.  (Will find out).