Pitching an investment bank on using D for their bond analytics

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 14 07:21:22 PDT 2015

On 15/04/2015 2:17 a.m., D Denizen since a year wrote:
> Rikki:
>
>> Just a thought, try getting them to use D for prototyping. Worse case
>> they will play around with D before settling on e.g. c++. Best case
>> scenario they'll move it into production.
>
> Good point.  Pick a small part of the project (especially something I
> 'prepared earlier') and get them to feel comfortable first.

That too, but I was thinking more along the lines of writing some
business logic. It is very possible outside of a cli app or even web
that they would want to use c++ for the user interfacing.
The very worse case scenario here is that they get to learn a new
language + possibly write the business logic faster then normal.

After all, business logic probably isn't already designed as pseudo code.