How D could gain more traction?

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 15 07:25:52 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 15 April 2015 at 14:03:13 UTC, Tobias Pankrath
wrote:
> No. We were talking about parts of e.g. the python standard
> library that have been completely superseded by third party
> solutions at least for new projects.

Well, that has not happend. What has happend is that people use a
mismash of urllib, urlib2, cgi, (standard pythhon), webob, ++ web
framework specific libraries for even the simplest web
programming tasks.

It is a mess! But seasoned Python developers either joined the
ride (thus already know where to look) or have their own
abstractions, and if not (almost) EVERYTHING has one or several
standard lib based solutions on stackoverflow.

That is a completely different scenario.