SDC needs you

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 15 21:58:30 PDT 2015

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 09:05:18PM -0700, Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> Forgive my being skeptical but my repeated appeals to contributions -
> most of them important, urgent, and of high impact - sometimes labeled
> with [WORK] in this forum, have been answered by the same very small
> kernel of contributors (including Walter and myself), regardless of
> their difficulty (sometimes trivial). Lists, labels, management
> techniques that are touted in this forum every few months or so - no
> avail. The vision document that everybody asked about? Read and
> dutifully ignored - back to the next naming debate. The sad reality is
> that if one of about a handful of core folks doesn't do it, it won't
> get done. My resolution is to do more of everything; that way more of
> everything will get done. -- Andrei

This is why I've reduced my participation in forum threads... It's much
more productive to submit PRs than to engage in endless debates that, at
the end of the day, don't have very much to show for the amount of
energy expended in the discussion. Well, lately I've also been busy with
other stuff, so I haven't been that active on github either, but
hopefully I'll get back to it someday.

People walk. Computers run.