Wanted: Review manager for std.data.json

w0rp via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 16 05:22:36 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 8 April 2015 at 18:56:00 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:

> Frankly, if we are not as fast (or elegant) as Python's json
> library,
> it should be thrown out back to the drawing board.
>
> Iain.

I'll leave the speed aside, as more recent posts show
improvements and I think Sönke will be able to take what he has,
tweak it, and get it close to the fastest libraries. I think we
can beat the competition.

For elegance, dynamic languages will always be able to deal with
JSON with less syntax, as you get just the basic type back out of
arrays and maps, without having to explictly request a string,
integer, etc. Static languages will always have more verbose JSON
libraries, but they might also catch bugs more easily. We just
need the short properties for converting JSON values to basic
types.