SDC needs you

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 17 08:09:36 PDT 2015

On Friday, 17 April 2015 at 12:01:36 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2015-04-16 19:36, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> On 4/16/15 9:51 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>>> Example, updating the website is something I would recommend
>>> delegating
>>> to someone else.
>>
>> Good example. The question is who'd want to take that job. --
>> Andrei
>
> That's the tricky part being a project manager, especially in
> an open source project like this when you cannot really tell
> anyone what to do. But last time you posted a [WORK] post on
> the newsgroup it seems like it worked quite good, there were
> quite a lot of updates on the site from other developers, if I
> recall correctly.

Sorry if I'm jumping to conclusions here, but I often see it
mentioned on these forums how PR's sit open and untouched for
weeks. Perhaps something should be done about that? Maybe try to
find more people to help - more D "lieutenants".
People are busy, attention spans are small, could keeping things
flowing faster keep more contributors interested?

P.S. Way to hijack SDC's thread...