IDEA: Text search engine tailored to a specific schema

Casey via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 17 20:18:31 PDT 2015

> I think this is similar how the D implementation of Thrift
> works.

Yes, exactly!  Except instead of writing code to send/receive
messages, I'm thinking that indices are built that are specific
to the data.  That I think is the harder part as you have to know
what is optimal for the data, what operations are expected on the
data, and putting it all together.  However, I have to wonder if
by making the indices very specific query performance is improved
by a significant amount.