nginx module bindings

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Apr 18 12:15:09 PDT 2015

On 2015-04-18 17:25, Shammah Chancellor wrote:

> File(10B2B20F0, "")/usr/include/module.map:36:14: error: header
> 'float.h' not found
> File(10B2B20F0, "")/usr/include/module.map:81:14: error: header
> 'stdarg.h' not found
> File(10B2B20F0, "")/usr/include/module.map:113:14: error: header
> 'tgmath.h' not found

These three are Clang built-in headers. They're shipped with Clang and
need to be place in the standard include paths or explicitly added using
the -I flag. See the information about libclang [1].

This is fixed in master, the files are shipped with DStep now. Although,
I may not have included all, I have mostly added them as I need.

> File(10B2B20F0, "")./ngx_config.h:12:10: fatal error:
> 'ngx_auto_headers.h' file not found

I'm not sure about this but it could be an related to how these headers
are used. DStep is built to generate bindings from one file at a time.
That might not always be compatible with the build system a library
uses. For example, some headers could be generated in a build step. I've
seen some headers using types without including a single header, that
still works since another header will include this one plus the other
headers that are needed.

Please read the limitations at the bottom of the documentation [2] to
see if any of those apply in your case.

BTW, I updated the code so it can be built with DMD 2.067.0. I'm just
waiting for the Travis build to pass before merging it to master.

[1] https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/dstep#libclang
[2] https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/dstep#limitationsknown-issues

--
/Jacob Carlborg